Saturday, February 27, 2010

OMG LIFE THREATENING

TSUNAMI WARNING SPREADS ACROSS PACIFIC


Tsunami alert for Australia after Chile earthquake


There are fears the tsunami could spread as far as Australia, with the Weather Bureau issuing a tsunami warning for Queensland following the quake.

The BoM said tsunami waves could start affecting Norfolk and Lord Howe Islands after 8:30am (AEDT) on Sunday, NSW could be hit after 8:45am (AEDT) while Queensland could be hit after 8:15am (AEST).


OMG I am fucking scared. I live just 5 mins away from the beach. 







Edit/
I can never read the news properly
Earth Quake Magnitude
Depth
Tsunami Risk
Predicted Height Locally
Information Issued... See More

7.5 to 8.0 M
Risk of a destructive tsunami effects limited
Over 1 m level
Warning Level 2
(evacuation)
Greater 7.8 M
Tsunami risk increases at shallower depths in between
10 to 20 km
Chance of having an ocean-wide destructive tsunami
Over 2 m level
Warning Level 2
(evacuation)
Additional Information Required.: Location, type of earthquake, upstream hydrographic data and information


Might just be a 2m wave, but I should be alright? 

Don't know what to do

No comments: